December 5, 2011
Merry Christmas Friends and Family,
Can you believe it’s that time of year again to sit down and write your Christmas letters and send out your Christmas cards? Well, I can’t! This year has been very good to the Jensen Family and we are not taking it for granted in any way. We started out the year house hunting and quickly found out that building a home was the way for us to go. We started our building process in March and really enjoyed every minute of our experience. We moved into our new home here in Owasso the end of September and love, love, love it. Hopefully we will be able to raise our kiddos here and call this house our home for a very long time.
Chris is still up to his bag of tricks. He is coming up on his 10 year anniversary with Wencor and is still loving it. Chris travels quite a bit but works from home when he is not traveling. The kids love that when Dad is home he is really home. Chris loves that he is “flying under the radar” at church and has not been given a calling, yet. We will see how long that lasts. Chris still enjoys golfing when he is on a “business trip” and loves to catch the “occasional” game on TV. Doesn’t matter what sport, he watches them all.
I am loving my new house but not loving to clean my new house. I guess it is a good thing the kids are getting older and I can start this thing called “child labor”. I hear it is pretty cheap. At church I was just called to cub scouts to help out the wolf pack. It’s awesome because I know nothing about Scouts, I mean nothing, and Dane is a wolf. I get to help him out and learn the process as we go. I have to admit Scouts is a little intimidating but I am looking forward to the challenge. I still love reading when I get the chance, baking and eating yummy food. I am really good at eating yummy food.
Dane turned 8 this year and was baptized, we are so proud of him for his choice to do so. Dane has also given 2 talks in church, already, and considers himself a pro at speaking in church. “No biggie”, he says. Dane is still into sports BIG TIME. Golf has kind of taken a back seat this year but baseball and basketball are going strong. Dane is playing a year up in basketball and is the smallest and fastest kid on his team. He is a great little competitor and we love him for it.
Maggie is about to turn 7 in a month and we call her Maggie “Pinkalicious” after her favorite book character. She also wears a lot of pink…when do girls outgrow this phase? Anyone? Maggie loves having her own room and being able to get away from her brothers a little bit. She started basketball a couple of weeks ago and loves it. I think she mostly likes wearing the uniform with matching bow in her hair and seeing her friends for practice and on game days more that actually playing. Oh well.
Cooper is 5 and started Kindergarten this year and loves his teacher. Does Cooper’s teacher love him? Probably not always but most of the time, I think, if I had to take a guess. Cooper loves mischief and is really good at it. He plays really well with Tuck, too. Cooper gets Tuck to do things for him so he can say, “Tuck did it , not me” followed by “and I’m telling the truth”. Is he telling the truth, yes. Is he up to no good, yes. Cooper is also loving basketball. He is by far the smallest kid on the court. Cooper is really good at running plays but is still about 2 feet from making his first basket. Someday he will make it, probably not this year.
Tuck is 2 and is hilarious, he cracks us up. Except for when he is screaming because Cooper is too close to him. That is not so hilarious. Tuck loves to play outside and would never come inside if he was calling the shots. He loves all kinds of dogs especially hotdogs for lunch. Tuck walks around woofing, barking and growling usually holding some kind of stuffed animal. We love this kid and are so glad he is apart of our family. Now if we could just get him to stay in Nursery on Sundays life would be perfect.
We love this time of year. The celebration of our Savior’s birth is a magical time of reflection. We can’t help but pause, look around and count the blessings we have received from our Father in Heaven. The greatest blessing of them all, the gift of His only begotten son. We hope our letter finds all of our friends and family doing well this Holiday Season. With our 4 kids only getting older and busier we are no doubt in for another fun and crazy year. We love you all.
The Jensen‘s: Chris, Jamie, Dane, Maggie, Cooper and Tuck
Friday, December 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment