Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Time

Okay, so I have been meaning to post about Christmas stuff all month. So here is a mass blog, if you will, about December so far.

Putting up the Christmas Tree:
Here is Maggie waiting for Mom and Dad to wrap the lights around so she can put the ornaments on the tree.
Dane made sure he had to stand on the chair to put the ornaments up. He had to make sure his ornamnets were higher than Maggie's. Yes, the competition has already begun with Dane and Maggie. Is my piece bigger, do I have more, is mine better, etc. ect. etc.

Here is Cooper doing what he does best, putting things in his mouth. We all were actively putting up Christmas stuff and Cooper would not take this bell out of his mouth. He just wandered around drooling on it and all the way down his chin and shirt.
Here is the finished project.

Saturday December 8th:

Look how much snow fell in about 4 hours and this picture was taken after it warmed up and melted a little bit. It was about 6 inches. The whole storm the blew through dropped about 8-9inches in total. It was a big one and so cold.
It really was beautiful, eventhough, I hate the cold and snow.

Wednesday December 12th: Christmas Lights on Temple Square

For the record I thinks this is the dumbest thing people like to do every year. It makes no sense to me to go outside and walk around the Temple when it is dark, windy and 25 degrees outside. Have I mentioned how much I hate the cold and snow. I mean you can enjoy the lights from your warm car just as easy as walking around the square. After saying that, here are some fun pictures of Temple Square.
Don't we look all warm and cozy? This may be the last trip for awhile. It is just way too cold and miserable. Why don't they put the lights up in July so we can actually enjoy them? It was really pretty despite the cold. I did enjoy the lights when I was in the car, warm and looking back on what I had just seen. That was the greatest moment of the evening.
Thats it for now. We are just counting down til New Years. It is going to be a blast.
Can't wait to see everyone soon.

3 comments:

brooklyn said...

Put a coat on!!! You make me cold just looking at you!

Your tree is so fluffy and beautiful. We're so excited to stay with you guys.

Chris and Jamie said...

I don't really have a coat. There is one at the Gap I have be coveting but can't bring myself to just buy it. Maybe for my birthday in a couple of weeks?

Veeda said...

i am counting down till new years too........parttttty like it's 1999!